Provide a superior sealing and protective coating for OSB, wall surfaces, concrete and masonry, roofs, traffic-bearing surfaces, pools, pavers, and other similar design elements.
Is a UV resistant, permits water-vapour transmission while impervious to wind-driven rain, and maintains high elasticity and resistance to cracking, fading and peeling. This unique combination allows for optimal protection of a variety of substrates.
Aesthetically, this finish coating system presents a consistent surface appearance, with superior adhesion directly to installation substrates. Unlike rigid coatings, it is highly resistant to surface cracking due to its characteristic of remaining pliable and expandable after curing has occurred. Due to its ability to permit water-vapour transmission, it resists bubbling, even in extreme weather conditions.
Seal It is offered in clear membrane or a range of colour choices, eliminating the need for field painting, thus reducing application labor expense. Seal Away is available in three application formulations:
- Primer (lower solids): Prepares and seals chalky and porous surfaces..
- Membrane (higher elasticity): Provides a sealing membrane resistant to outdoor elements. Used for waterproofing and protection of exterior or interior, vertical or horizontal, surfaces requiring complete sealing and waterproofing. Allows for moderate traffic.
- HI-Traffic (higher resistance): Protects and waterproofs hi-traffic areas requiring hi-strength, hi-adhesive waterproof coating while remaining elastic. Ideal for exterior and interior applications requiring increased hardness and excellent mechanical and chemical resistance.
- Flashing/Putty: Protects and repairs cracks and seams requiring hi-adhesive waterproof coating while remaining elastic. Similar to other formulas however with higher solid content. Available in clear, grey, white, and rust.
Seal It is backed by extensive certified laboratory testing for compliance with accepted ASTM testing protocols to determine coating performance. Test results in summary:
|Resistance to Wind Driven Rain||ASTM D6904||Pass|
|Water Vapor Transmission||ASTM E96||Dry 6.12 perms / Wet 12.48 perms|
|Coating Pull-Off Strength||ASTM D4541||430 psi|
|Tensile Properties||ASTM D2370||158.9% initial elongation|
|Tensile Properties||ASTM D2370||627.4 psi initial tensile strength|
|1000 hours of accelerated weathering||ASTM D4798||192.4% final elongation|
|Viscosity||Brookfield LTV||12 rmp, sp-4 (Grey), 68°F, 31,000 cps|
* Testing conducted by PRI, accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS), a subsidiary of the International Code Council (ICC) as an ISO 17025 testing laboratory; by the Miami-Dade County Building Code Compliance Office as a testing laboratory; by the State of Florida Department of Community Affairs as a Product Testing Laboratory; and by the Cool Roof Rating Council as an Accredited Independent Testing Laboratory.
Seal It requires minimal surface preparation for most clean and stable substrates. Seal It primer is only necessary on highly porous or chalky substrates.
Common applications include:
- Wall sheathing over wood or metal framing.
- Concrete and masonry (bricks, stone).
- Tilt-up concrete panels.
- Terraces and balconies.
- Traffic-bearing surfaces (driveways, garages).
- Decking, tiles, and pavers.
- Pool liners.
- Seal coat for Suber.
Seal Away can be applied by brush, roller, or sprayer.
The installed coating system thickness is approximately 3-30 mils, depending on application, and can be applied on both vertical and horizontal substrates.
Initial coat drying time is approximately 1-2 hours; subsequent coats approximately 4-6 hours. Functional drying occurs in 24 hours to 72 hours depending on substrate and application purpose. Full performance cure may take up to 14 days.
- Allow initial coat to fully dry prior to additional application.
- When applying the clear Seal It, take care to keep coats thin enough to allow for clear drying.
- Insure substrate should be dry, stable, and free from dirt.
- Application temperature should be between 44° and 86° F. Storage should be between 38° and 90° F.
Manufacturer’s standard 2-10 year material warranty (dependent upon application) when applied according to manufacturer’s installation guidelines by a certified applicator. See manufacturer’s warranty for complete details.
|Spread Rate (Primer)||Approx.||200-500 (ft2 per gal)|
|Spread Rate (Membrane & traffic)||Approx.||150-450 (ft2 per gal)|
|Solid Content (Primer)||Approx.||30%|
|Solid Content (Membrane & traffic)||Approx.||50%|
Seal It contributes to suitable design projects. This “green” product has a low VOC content and is completely free of formaldehyde and similar potential toxins. “Seal Away” thus qualifies for LEED credits. LEED® 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations points are potentially achievable for the following credits:
- IEQ Credit 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials.
- ID Credit 1 Innovation in Design.
- Select the item you would like to download and view: